Lean in a back office: zero stock and lead time control
A company specializing in the appraisal of motorized vehicles wished to adopt the lean method to eliminate their stock of dossiers and reduce the time it took to handle them. The pilot team included appraisers and client representatives. The project lasted 3 months.
1 Operae coach worked with an agency to train 1 sponsor, 2 internal project leaders, 2 team leaders and 11 agents.
Examples of lean actions implemented
Stock elimination and lead time reduction:
- Definition of performance targets
- Creation of new visual management
- Implementation of a production leveling task board
- Daily team flash meetings
- “Red bin” analysis and problem solving
- Creation of work standards