Lean IT : Ensuring delivery frequency 8 time faster
A team is in charge of developing medium-sized software applications (less than 100 days). The team was unable to deliver due to numerous change orders and delivery incidents. The clients were largely dissatisfied with extremely long response time – on average 1 delivery every 4 months – and the service rendered. The project lasted 13 weeks.
The project was led by 1 Operae coach who also trained 1 new project leader. The webteam included 1 team leader and a technical staff of 13, including 3 offsite developers.
Examples of lean actions implemented
- Setup of an obeya room
- Daily meetings
- Quality inspection walls
- Immediate problem solving on each schedule slippage and delivery issue
- “Stop the line” in case of a production incident
- Final users included in defining specifications and user acceptance testing
Speed of delivery:
- The team gave itself a delivery pace according to the client demand (or “takt time system) – 1 every 10 days
- Creation of a number of operational standards for collecting client requirements and for quality checks.