Decrease in suspicious banking transaction reports
from 52 to 3 days
A major banking group was continuing the roll out of their company-wide lean program within their compliance department. The team in charge of reporting suspicious banking transactions was selected. Objective:
- Eliminate all defects in incoming requests and outgoing reports
- Kill the stock of pending cases
- Report all suspicious transactions to the central bank in a timely manner.
The project lasted 13 weeks.
The lean project was driven by 1 lean coach from Operae Partners, responsible for training and supporting 1 internal change agent, 1 team leader and 8 team members.
Example of lean actions implemented
- “Red bin” analysis and problem solving
- Creation of work standards
- Employee training
- Simplification of input forms
- Elimination of useless documents
- Simplification of outgoing reports
Stock elimination and lead time reduction
- Creation of visual management
- Implementation of a production leveling task board
- Flow management of reporting cases