Lean office applied to HR : productivity multiplied by 15
and increased user satisfaction
A large service company decides to deploy lean within its central functions. The pilot project is the Human Resources Department which includes 200 employees. The program encompasses several activities such as the HR call center and business expense management.
1 Operae coach trains 1 sponsor, 2 internal project leaders, 2 team leaders and 40 operators.
Examples of lean actions implemented
HR call center:
- Review and great simplification of 12 HR processes
- Standardization and training on 30 HR processes
- Flow management on all processes
- Problem solving to ensure requests are handled correctly the first time
Expense report management:
- Visual management of the team’s production
- Red bin analysis on expense reports containing errors
- Creation of new services for improving customer satisfaction