Improve the experience of clients victims of a fraud thanks to lean office
The risk management director for a consumer credit company tasked his fraud management team to implement lean in order to eliminate their large stock of requests, and improve the experience of clients who were victims of a fraud. Close to 200 requests were waiting and only half of the cases were handled in less than the permitted 14 days. The project lasted 12 weeks.
The project was led by 1 Operae Partners coach who also trained 1 new project leader. The team included 1 team leader and a technical staff of 12.
Examples of lean actions implemented
- Weekly customer phone survey
- Improve the automatic response letter sent to the clients to avoid claims
- Improve and standardize the investigation calls to clients
- Production leveling task-board updated by the team 3 times a day
- Work reorganization as soon as production gaps are identified
- 5 S: visibility of the flow of dossiers, intermediate stocks and quality issues
Stock and lead time:
- Flow management: 1 line for “mini fraud” evaluation; training of 2 members of the team to handle these
- Reduction of input quality problems (missing documents, errors)
- New communication standards with their main supplier, the Post Office